Bing is finally the No. 2 search engine in the U.S., according to the latest figures from comScore. Bing which launched in June 2009 with an 8.4 percent search engine market share, now accounts for 15.1 percent of searches.
As Yahoo dropped to third, Google continued to lead all search engines in December with 65.9 percent market share.
The search engine rankings for December 2011, according to comScore, were:
- Google rose to 65.9 percent (up from 65.4 percent in November).
- Bing rose to 15.1 percent (up from 15 percent in November).
- Yahoo dropped to 14.5 percent (down from 15.1 percent).
- Ask remained at 2.9 percent.
- AOL remained at 1.6 percent
In December, 68.1 percent of searches carried organic search results from Google, while Bing powered around 26.5 percent of searches.