23 Feb 2012
Do you like this story?
Did you know that Twitter now has around half a billion registered profiles, with over 100 million in the USA alone?
What if I told that, collectively, Twitter users now send 175 million tweets every day? And that the most popular events on Twitter generate (literally) tens of thousands of tweets every second?
These statistics, and more, can be found in this Twitter visualization from Infographic Labs, which reminds us of the sheer size of the network in 2012.
Other key takeaways include:
- While the USA leads the way, Twitter is also massively popular in Brazil, Japan and the UK
- Twitter’s most-followed user, Lady Gaga, is rapidly closing in on 20 million followers
- 64 percent of users access Twitter via Twitter.com
- Tweets containing (the somewhat vague) ‘interesting content’ are most likely to be retweeted
- 69 percent of users follow others based on recommendations from friends
This post is published at Sociable360 by: Sheriff Gbailey
Follow Sheriff Gbailey on Twitter
Popular Posts This Week
By Pam Dyer at Social Media Today : Use these platforms to manage, measure, and analyze your social media marketing initiatives. ...
After Review of Social Media it is proven that it plays an important role in creating Successful business and for good online Shopping ex...
Twitter, Google+ see major gains in active users The social audience is growing across networks and countries. That is the takeaway f...
You could use the handiest tool out there to create a Twitter list of everyone you follow, but that isn’t the best use. The stream for th...
By Tatiana Aders at Social Media Today : Social Media Marketers need to squeeze the most value out of every social media update. ...
We use Facebook and Twitter every day, but did you know the sheer scale of the 2 largest social networks on the planet? This Infograph...