The leak is now a launch, as Facebook began rolling out its app center to users in the U.S. Thursday night, saying that it will be available to all users “in the coming weeks.”
App center is available via the Facebook applications for Apple’s iOS and Android, as well as via Facebook.com.
Users who discover apps on the latter can tap the send to mobile feature, and if the app requires a download, they will be sent to the Apple App Store from iOS devices or to Google Play from Android devices.
The social network also released the following statistics in its announcement of the launch of app center:
- More than 230 million people play games on Facebook every month.
- More than 130 games on Facebook have over 1 million monthly active users.
- More than 4,500 timeline apps have launched since f8 in September 2011.
- Facebook drove people to the Apple App Store 83 million times in May.
- Facebook drove people to iOS apps 134 million times in May (someone who already has the app and is directed back to it from Facebook).
- As of May, seven of the top 10 grossing iOS apps and six of the top 10 Android apps have integrated with Facebook.
Read the full story here