The following stats are based on information about Social Media usage in the United States.
1. Almost 1/2 Of Twitter Users Are DemocratsTwittercrats find this #Debatable? This is compared to approximately 30% of the U.S. of the population being Democrats overall.
2. By Far, Facebook Still The Most AddictingStalking has never been more fun! 23% of Facebook’s users check their account at least five times every single day.
3. More than 1/2 Are Getting SocialStill awkward in public? Sure, but our fingers can clickety-clack away with “Don Draper” esque poise and sophistication. Americans (12 and up) could push 75% Social Media usage within the next 5 years.
4. Nearly 3/4 Aren’t “Checking In”Most Americans still think they need Gym shorts for Foursquare. In fact, while only 3% have claimed to checked in this year, it is even down from the year before. The concept of “checking-in” will probably soon be replaced by “Opting-in” to share location data.
5. Only over 1/4 Are Following Brands on FacebookAfter all the work Businesses and Brands put into reaching the Facebook audience, there is still a lot of work to be done to reach out and incentivize and audience to like and participate with Facebook pages.
6. Nearly 1/4 Are using Social Media Several times a dayThere aren’t many things people do every day, but Facebook and Twitter make the list for many.
7. Almost 1/2 Say Facebook has an impact on what they buyAs compared to last year, Facebook’s influence on purchasing has doubled. For Twitter, on the other hand, buying influence ranks somewhere between 1-5%.
8. 3/4 of Twitter are posting their own TweetsFollowers, Groupies and Disciples have turned into active participators up from only 50% updating their statuses in 2010.
9. Over 1/2 of people have used Facebook on a Mobile deviceWhile over 50% of users have used their Mobile devices to access Facebook, over 1/4 use them regularly to see their feed, post, share and like.
Research Via Jay Baer